Saturday, December 6, 2008

One of my favorite hip hop songs ever......

THIS MAN "Pharoah Monch" WAS ...and still is a genius....
If you've never heard Pharoah's first...critically accaimed album... Internal Affairs...please go buy it... and his newest one "Desire" that I still haven't picked up.... Rummaging through my dusty cassette rack and finding this album... I pop it into a little tape recorder and listened to it while I was shaving a few days ago.... it was a real nostalgic feeling, because this alum to me reminds me of walking into the highschool, fresh off the bus, with my green bookbag, headphones, afro, and didn't care about A N Y T H I N G.....but rap music... I loved who i was and wasn't ashamed of it... this album is one of many scenes throughout my early teenage days... one of my favorite records on this album was "THE LIGHT"... it's probably one of the best songs I've ever heard (in my list of my 1 million favorite songs lol) I love it.... Check the video, and step into my pad...

It was produced by Diamond D....one of my favorite producers at the time... (best producer/M.C. hands down before Kanye came along)


I bought this tape off of "Flow" for $5.... best five bucks I've ever spent.... and I still have it... music is timeless...

No comments: