Thursday, August 7, 2008

joe moment joe moment!!!! TEN YEARS HIATUS...I WENT SKATINGGGG!!!!! AHHHH!!!!

10 years in the making... I have gotten back onto skates... I'm so joe about this ... I literally got home about 15 minutes ago... SO SERIOUS!!! Jazzie and her family invited me to go with them to (what use to be WOW skaing rink) in Philly... I was super bout it to go, but was constantly thinking about how I was gonna bust my behind all night... to my surprise...I didn't FALL AT ALL!!!!!! I sucked super duper extra bad, but hey...I hung in there and didn't fall... I haven't had fun like that in a while...I actually liked the vulnerable feeling of almost falling every few minutes...because it just made me want to do better the next time I got on the floor... (*note* it's easy to constantly do things that you're good at, go out there and try something new for a change, it'll make the event that much better, I love doing things, or going places I've never gone*)
NOW.. do you know who was great ^^^ jazzie was skating around that mug like she uses skates 24hours a day... I'm not gonna lie, I was super impressed... her whole family was good actually...I was the only one who looked like they were having trouble, but it's ok..cause I'm glad that I went out there and tried... There was this familiar feeling that I got while skating, and it reminded me of the 90's...back when people went out and did things like bowl,skate, go to ball games, and all kinds of stuff...like really social/family type outtings, and I'm glad that I was apart of it, because I dont' get that feeling too much these days... : ) Next time you're sitting in front of your tv on a friday night, while your parents walk by you, not speaking, siblings walk by you, minding there own business, not talking, gather up the entire family and do something together... because it'll be little moments like that, that you'll remember for ever... Peace Yah2 (super big smile on my face)

No comments: