Sunday, July 6, 2008

My favorite Music Video Director right now: Rik Cordero Three21films


Rik Cordero...talented Filipino video director from Queens, NY. I've been following his career for a while now through myspace, watching his projects with underground artists like James Watts, and Mixtape projects like Joe Budden... It didn't take too long for his career to start rising...Soon I started to see a lot more major label artists approach Cordero for his touch after he wrote and directed the trailer for Jay-z's "Blue Magic" video which had DJ Enuff and many more in it... Now Cordero's clients range from the Roots, Buck Shot, and Nas, all the way down to Snoop Dog, Beanie Sigel, Ghostface, and John Legend... His fisheyed lense/gritty style plus innovative treatments and creative camera work made him one of the most sought out and rising new video directors amongts hip hop's elite... Before he started to blow up all crazy, I would send him messages all the time, telling him I seen another video on allhiphop and gave my opinion and told him that one day I'd work with him... It's funny because after a while he became so busy that he has an assistant or something that replies to my messages and him like it used to be...It's all good though... that's how it should be and I'm proud of his work and I'm always looking forward to reading about him in magazines and seeing new videos... Check out some of his work .... Enjoy.... Peace Yah


No comments: