Sunday, January 20, 2008

J Dilla: DONUTS album....

I'm one of the few people who were listening to JayDee light years before he passed away (i'm glad more people are up on him now..period..BUT, its kinda wack that people have to jump on the bandwagon after he died...but fans are fans either way) out of all the material that i own from him, J88 import, SlumVillage Fantastic vol.2, Welcome to Detroit...and so on... I never purchased DONUTS..my brother got it and was playing it every day so i had to go get it....so here are a few words i have to say about DONUTS..and JayDee..........the Genius...you are now watching a Master at work....
1. Drums....rediculous
2.Samples....who chops like that???sick...
3.Samples....where did you FIND THAT?!!!!
4.Signature sound on EVERY TRACK..
5.Makes me want to write....
6.Inspirational...this will live forever!!!!!!!
R.I.P... to the best ....James Yancey...


1 comment:

Cal da chief said...

I concur, or shall i say SAMEZEES!! LOL..Yo that joint is the shit PERIOD, I mean all of his work is a masterpiece. I got this (Thank you JD) cd by J.rocc i bang out daily. It has all of his work from Pharcyde to De la to SV to Dwe' and so on..even joints i neva heard b4..sad part about it, its all on one track..but hey its dilla doh, it doesnt matter.

Good Blog yo, My Favorite! Real talk, my next blog is about YOU!!!GET READY!